Monday, December 6, 2010

Final Animatic

For my storyboarding class we had to do a 30 second (minimum) animatic to help us learn basic motion tracking in Final Cut Pro, Premiere and After Effects. I used Final Cut Pro 7 to edit and motion track my project.

We had to draw and scan in several separate layers, color them in Photoshop, convert them into PNG files, and finally animate them to tell a story.
Our instructor gave us some leeway if we were not animation majors (which explains why my main background and two of the characters are PNG images and not hand drawn).
I wish my art skills were up to par but the main reason I am studying film is that I can't draw...

All together I had to draw and scan over 26 separate slates for my animation.

Here are some of them:























Here is the final Product (54 Seconds):

The Doughboy





I originally planned to have the Doughboy remove his neckerchief and turn it into a speedo but I ran out of time on the project. Hopefully one day I could pitch this to the animation department, 3D-animation department, or maybe just make it into a claymation myself.

But that will have to be a project for another day.


- Neil Hiatt

12/06/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment